Happy Thanksgiving

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Draper Temple open house!

January 26th 2009
Today for FHE we went to the Draper temple open house. The kids were so excited. I got tickets back in October and they just couldn't wait to go. We took my dad and sister with us too. The kids thought it was so neat and have talked about it for days now. After we went through and when we got home I let each of them color a picture in their journals of their experience then I wrote down their feelings. It was such a wonderful experience for all of us and I loved to hear what was so special about the temple to each of them and what they remembered. Both Katie and Justin said that their hearts felt good and warm inside and I explained that they felt the spirit. I thought it was so neat. They were really good and reverent too, they knew this was such a special place. Katie & Megan really loved the ride on the bus too. It was a FHE I think they will remember for a really long time. They keep asking me when they get to go to the oquirh (spelling) temple too. I know they are really excited to see it. I am so glad we have an eternal family, and the temple is what connects all the pieces to make that possible. I loved that while in the temple they sat us down in one of the sealing rooms and let each family stand up together and look into the mirrors as a family, that really helped our kids get a small glimpse of what eternity is, it just kept going and going Justin said. What an amazing principle and concept. I am so grateful it is something I can share and teach our kids. Wow the plan of salvation really is amazing.



The Draper temple.
Our family with my dad (my sis is taking the picture)!


Rob, Katie, Justin, (little Megan head in back), and my dad




Katie, Megan and Justin (I love you guys)!



Katie enjoying the bus ride!
My sweet and adorable little sis on the bus. Ok so she's not that little but she will always be to me.

6 comments:

Becky said...

What a fun experience for your family. You are such a good mom to help your kids keep journals. Good idea!

Becky said...

What a fun experience for your family. You are such a good mom to help your kids keep journals. Good idea!

Ashley and Andrew said...

So beautiful! I can't wait until we go next weekend. I'm glad you guys were able to go.

Dial Family said...

HOw fun.. we love those fun walks around and thru the temple grounds... We miss being so close to so many, even though we are close to the St. George one.. It's just nice to have a variety of beautiful temples all around.. I'm so glad you found our blog. We love keeping in touch with everyone and especially when we're not as close as we were thus not being able to go to the family parties as much... it's fun seeing the kids and how much they've grown.. they are absolutely adorable!! Please keep us posted as I know we'll do the same!! And thanks for coming and checking ours out and leaving a note so we could come to yours.. YAY!! ENJOY!!

Rochelle said...

Such cute pictures! I'm jealous...since it was dark & foggy when we went, we couldn't take many pictures. so I used your picture of the temple on my blog...hope that was ok!
I'm glad you guys had a great experience! It's great to be so close to temples!

Allison said...

What a priceless experience! And what a great mom to help them record the day and their feelings in their journal.