Happy Thanksgiving

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hootenany Pancakes!

Sept. 2008

Ok so this is a fun pancake to make if anyone wants something different. I made these yesterday and the kids loved them. (I make them every once in a while) I think they love watching them in the oven more than anything. The best part is they turn out different every time you make them. Really crazy and fun especially if you have a window on your oven. (Some people call them German Pancakes but I thought this was more fitting). Here is the recipee if you want to try it.
mix:
6 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup flour
Melt 1 square butter in 9x13 pan. Pour batter into pan. put in preheated oven at 425 degrees and bake 20-25 minutes. Serve with favorite toppings, syrup, jam, powdered sugar, or whipped cream, and fresh fruits. Then just watch it go. It's really fun!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I just love all the names for these pancakes. I've heard them called German Pancakes, and Puffed Oven Pancakes, but at our house, we called them Popeye Pancakes. I used to love them, and now my kids love them!

Amy Dial said...

Ok, I must be dumb. I have never heard of those before. I am going to have to try them. Thanks for the recipe