Happy Thanksgiving

Friday, August 15, 2008

Wow time flies!

Yesterday I had one of those wow moments. Or should I call it a wake up call. Either way it hit me like a buckett of rocks falling on me. Maybe it's a lot of things hitting me at once, realizing that my baby isn't a baby, watching my oldest baby go to Kindergarten, or seeing so much of myself in my sweet little Katie. Whatever it is I have truly had a wakeup call this week that my kids are growing up right in front of me and doing it way too fast. I was at Costco of all places waiting in line just playing with my kids and an older lady behind me was just staring at us, I'm not sure if in awe or wondering if I was in sane. Either way she finally asked how old they were and I told her and she said well your busy. Yes I said but I love it, at least most of the time. She said she had 4 of her own and she could remember these days. She went on to say how cute etc... but one thing she said just hit me and she's not the first one to say it either I hear it all the time but this time it really stuck. She said " Just have fun with them now because one day and before you know it they'll be gone. And it happens in a blink of an eye, it seems like yesterday that I was in your shoes, and now I just have memories & grandchildren." I know this is true, sending Justin to school and so many other things have made this a reality for me. I need to enjoy the time with my kids that I have now. I can't believe Justin is 5 and almost 6. 6 years have gone by so fast. I am so grateful for my family and all they are to me and I truly don't know where I would be without all of them in my life. They all teach me so many things especially patience, something I still need a lot more of. But starting yesterday I am really going to try and enjoy all the little things and the big things more. Worry less about the messes and the dirt, and all the things that I need to get done and try to spend a little more time playing with and enjoying each one of my kids more. I try to do this allready, but I definately fall short of it and could do so much better. Thanks Costco lady for helping me realize what I have and how important they really are to me. Thanks kids and family for being there for me and for all the fun times we have together. Keep it up but slow down on the growing. I LOVE YOU!!!
Mommy

1 comment:

Allison said...

I'm so bad at taking advantage of the small moments....such a good reminder. It's ridiculous how quickly they grow up. I can't believe that my baby talks to me in sentences! yea, I need to live in the moment with them more often.